Crossfit Indy North is proud to host the 2012 Great Lakes Invitational powered by Reebok on January 14-15, 2012. This 2-day competition is a fitness test that will help you determine where you are with your training leading up to the Reebok CrossFit Games Open Sectional which is scheduled to begin on February 22, 2012. The 2012 GLI will consist of 8 scored events, including semi-final and final events. We will use games style scoring from the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games. There will be open mens and womens division. Our sponsors have put together an awesome prize package for the top 3 men and women!
DAY OF EVENT
- We will start promptly at 8 am on both Saturday, Jan 14th and Sunday, Jan 15th.
- Athletes need to check-in Friday, Jan 13th between the hours of 5-8 pm. For those getting into town Saturday we will also check in athletes Saturday morning between the hours of 6 am – 7 am.
- Movement standards will be posted the week prior to the event. Also, please bring your own jump rope with you to the event! We will have some available, but not enough for everyone.
- Be ready to perform WODs in all weather elements…
LODGING & LOCATION
- Cambria Suites are offering a discounted rate for those attending the Great Lakes Invitational and is within walking distance of Hamilton Town Center. Be sure to mention “Crossfit Indy North – Great Lakes Invitational” to get the $89 discounted rate by December 31st. Cambria Suites is located near Hamilton Town Center in Noblesville. Hamilton Town Center is an extraordinary open-air streetscape environment, that has a diverse mix of retail, restaurants, and entertainment venues and has something for everyone. Bring the whole family!
- Visit http://visitindy.com/ for information about other area hotels, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- We will have access to additional space across the street with a streaming video and audio feed of the action. Athletes and spectators will be able to get out of the competition area and relax a bit and still stay in tune with what is happening throughout the weekend. It is our hope that the extra space will make for a more comfortable weekend for everyone. Also we are planning to have more concessions available on site.
- We have more sponsors on board as well. Reebok, Rogue, Progenex and Concept 2 have joined Wiese Toyota, Bee Free Bakery, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, and others to support our event. Look for their signage and setups throughout the weekend!
EQUIPMENT FOR SALE
- There will be rowers for sale after the event for those interested. If you would like to buy one, please contact Tracy at Concept 2 email@example.com. The rowers will be $765 each.
- You can also pre-order brand new 30″ x 24″ x 20″ boxes for $135 and an entire set of custom jerk boxes! Pick up only. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse will have meals available to purchase at the GLI!
2 oz steak
hard boiled egg
fresh fruit cup
sweet potato casserole