2012 Indy CrossFit Classic
Power Snatch, 95#/65#
Over Box jumps, 24″/20″
10 minute cap
Clean and jerk is not allowed. The bar cannot make contact or stop at the shoulder.
May jump on and over box.
A 1 second penalty will be assessed for any rep not completed within the 10 minute time cap.
“3 Part CrossFit Assessment”
1) 600 m shuttle sprint
run 100 m and back
run 200 m and back
2) 4 min to establish a 3RM back squat
3) 4 min to establish a single set of max rep handstand push-ups (2 attempts)
Belts are permitted
Kipping is permitted on the handstand push-ups
For hspu, palms must remain in a 36″ wide x 24″ deep marked area on gymnastic matting
Athletes will race against each other head to head in a 3-round bracketed tournament
Rope Ascent, 16’5″
Course, load and rules will be announced before the lunch break. Athletes will have the break to practice.
8 min amrap
5 Deadlifts, 300#/200#
10 Burpees (to plate)
30 Double unders
No Sumo. You may drop the bar from the top. You must stand tall with shoulders clearly behind bar. No bouncing the bar to the point that your arms bend. The reps must not be questionable or your judge will no rep you.
WOD 5 (The Final)
Top 8 Male and Female competitors will reach the final
17 min cap
All bars from the ground
5 Overhead squat, 165#/105#
12 Toes to bar
5 Clean and jerk, 185#/125#
12 Chest to bar pull-ups
5 Front squats, 235#/145#
Crossfit Indy North is proud to host the 2012 Indy CrossFit Classic on August 11, 2012. This competition is open to all Indianapolis CrossFit Affiliates. There are 50 male and 50 female spots available. There will not be a team event for the Classic but there will be a team event this year at GLI III. The Classic will consist of 4 scored events and a final. We will use games style scoring from the 2010 CrossFit Games. The price of registration is $40.
DAY OF EVENT
- We will start promptly at 8 am on Saturday, August 11th.
- Athletes need to check-in Friday, August 10th between the hours of 5-8 pm or Saturday August 11th between the hours of 6 am – 7 am.
- Movement standards will be posted the week prior to the event. Also, please bring your own jump rope with you to the event!
- Be ready to perform WODs in all weather elements…
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.